Updated: Mar 24, 2021
I am sure you have felt 'stuck' with something in your life; and we all get stuck on a day to day basis with procrastinating on certain tasks that we keep putting off.
Procrastination robs one of self-respect and self-confidence. One needs to take a look at what is happening below the surface, in our unconscious mind to see what beliefs are at play to keep us putting off what we need to get done.
Here are a few pointers that will help you turn procrastination into motivation:
1. What is your WHY? Questions are very powerful to get to the source of the problem. Are your reasons for doing the task strong enough to motivate action? Perhaps it is a 'want' and not a 'need'. Write down WHY you need to do the task and elevate the feeling of elation that will come when you complete the task and it will prepare your physiology to act on your 'why'.
2. Focus on the outcome-See your task done in your mind and feel the feelings you would feel once it is completed. This will send out the energy into the quantum field to attract the outcome quicker and will prepare your neurology to be in sync with motivating you to act on and complete the task at hand.
3. Are your goals in line with your values? In other words; do you value what you need to do? Are you capable of doing the task and completing it successfully? One's behaviour is belief driven-if you believe you can do the task you will do it: it all starts in the mind. Look at your beliefs that may be holding you back. The letting go breathing technique we teach you to do is very powerful, and we do the subconscious mind therapy of releasing procrastination and installing motivation into the unconscious programming.
4. Make a list of what you like about 'procrastinating' and what you don't like about it...it may sound absurd but it is part of the reversal therapy we do. Being aware of what you 'like' about procrastinating will make the mind more aware of why you are not getting to do the task, and you can then ask the question ;' What is the smallest thing I need to do in order to get started with the task that I keep putting off?' This is chunking it down into bite sized bits that the brain can manage. Your energy will enter the quantum field and will search for the answer; it will amaze you how this works.
Ask the pertinent question to yourself: 'Is the pain of doing the task, less than the pain of not doing it? That will also motivate you.
5. A practical tip is to do ONE task at a time-completely finish the one task first before moving on to the following one.
6. Remove your phone while you are doing the task-remove all temptations and all distractions.
7. Schedule the task in your calendar and make it fun-plan it well-perhaps put on your favourite music, organize a treat and use a space you don't normally use-shock the mind into surprise mode that will also lift your mood and that will prepare your inner state for a new adventure and expect feeling wonderful even before the task is complete. Think of how you are going to celebrate once you have completed it!
"Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried"
10 AFFIRMATIONS FOR OVERCOMING PROCRASTINATION:
1. Done is better than perfect
2. Progress, not perfection
3. One day, one step at a time
4. Nothing works until you do
5. Feel the fear, and do it anyway
6. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows
7. There is no such thing as perfection, only improvement
8. I am not afraid to make mistakes, I embrace mistakes as learning opportunities
9. Stop thinking about what could go wrong and get excited about what could go right
10. There is no such thing as failure, only feedback
A MOTIVATING THOUGHT: "Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want"